Board of Directors
Back Row L to R:
Gail Robinson (Officer-at-Large), Dr. Neil Lamont (President, Urban Medical Staff), Mark Ostland (Chair), Lance Thurston (President & CEO), Aman Sidhu, Ron Goldsmith (Officer-at-Large), Will Rogers, Martha Rogers.
Front Row L to R:
Patsy Taylor, Brenda Kearney (Vice Chair), Bill Van Wyck, Dr. Mike Marriott (President, Rural Medical Staff), Sonja Glass (Chief Nursing Executive, Chief Quality Officer), Lori Ledingham.
Board of Directors
Grey Bruce Health Services (GBHS) is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which is a mix of elected, appointed, and ex-officio members, and cross-board appointees.
Elected members (12)
Six members are elected from the geographic communities where GBHS offers care and six members are elected as members at large from the GBHS catchment area.
Appointed members (2)
One appointee is a representative from one of the GBHS foundations, and one appointee is a representative of the Hospital Auxiliaries.
Ex-offico members (5)
Two Co-Presidents of the Medical Staff, the Chief of Staff, the President and CEO; and the Chief Nursing Executive.
Cross-board appointments (2)
One member shall be a Director from the South Bruce Grey Health Centre, and one shall be from the South West Community Care Access Centre.
GBHS also has Board members who sit on both of the above Community Boards.
Grey Bruce Health Services Board of Directors Accountability Statement
How to Become an Elected Board Member
GBHS has a skills-based Board of Directors, and recruits based on required skills. In April of each year any vacancies are advertised in local newspapers and on this area of the website.
Find the April 2016 board member vacancy advertisement here.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit an application form. If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.
Application form in PDF
Application form in Word
Board Members are:
- Elected for an initial three-year term. Members may be re-elected for 2 further 3-year terms to a maximum of 9 years of service
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must reside in the geographical area for which a vacancy occurs
- Must not be a member of GBHS staff, spouse of staff or professional staff
- Must be willing to commit an average of 15 hours a month to the responsibilities of the Board
- Be willing and able to travel to each of the GBHS hospitals as the Board rotates the location of the meeting on a monthly basis
Process for Election:
- We advertise annually to fill vacancies based on the skill set required
- Applicants are screened by a Committee of the Board according to the criteria set out in hospital by-laws
- Areas of specific expertise are examined and matched against current needs
- Applicants are interviewed by the Committee and elections take place in June